Have you ever wondered why hotel rooms in resorts seem so relaxing and special? Being on vacation helps, of course, but it’s really because designers focused on bringing the outdoors inside to create a relaxed environment. You can create that same feeling in your home in Hawaii with a few simple ideas:
- Repeat the colors of nature inside your home. Look to the sky, the earth and water for inspiration. Soothing colors will help create a sense of harmony with your surroundings.
- Use natural fibers and textures throughout your rooms with baskets, natural fiber throws, pillows, linens and throw rugs.
- Decorate and accessorize with things found in nature like seashells, driftwood and sand. Make centerpieces with fruit and vegetables or combine them in clear vases with flowers for a natural focal point.
- Don’t overlook home fragrances. The sense of smell is a powerful one—a lovely natural home fragrance like lavender can help subtly reinforce your theme. Find a scent you love and make it your home’s signature fragrance.
- Maximize the natural light in your home with light-diffusing blinds and shades. Even powerful summer sun can be diffused with the right kind of shade, and it doesn’t need to block your Hawaiian view. Most designers in Hawaii choose to keep window treatments on the lighter side to echo the more casual lifestyle in the islands.
Powered by Facebook Comments