With so many options for window coverings, it can be difficult to pick the right one for your home or room. Each type of window treatment has it pluses and minuses. One type of window covering isn’t right for every type of window. It is important to understand which window treatment would work the best for the room that you are decorating.
Here are a few of the more popular window covering options, what is best about them, and what needs to be considered.
• Faux Wood Blinds – These blinds are great because they look like real wood, but they are much less expensive than real wood blinds. Overall, they are one of the less expensive window covering treatments on the market. They are excellent for areas that get excessive moisture and they do well in controlling some amount of light. Faux wood blinds are offered in a wide range of colors. They are heavier than some of the metallic or vinyl blinds that are available. The larger versions of these blinds can be difficult to lift and over time, the wider the wooden slats, the more likelihood that they will start to sag.
• Real Wood Blinds – Wood blinds are a classic look that are always popular. They are very easy to keep clean and they work well in controlling the light. Because they are natural, they work with any color scheme or design. Wood blinds are not waterproof and they are more expensive than many of the other blinds on the market.
• Aluminum Blinds – These coverings are very inexpensive and easy to install. They are available in practically any color scheme. They are light, easy to use, and can be purchased almost anywhere. As far as cleaning goes, dusting is simple, but not deeper cleaning. These window coverings should not be used as insulation. They provide very little protection from the elements.
• Honeycomb Shades – These coverings are great for energy efficiency. They also allow for you to keep the view out of your window. They are offered in a wide variety of colors and add a special design touch to your room. These blinds can be difficult to clean and they can be more expensive.
• Roman Shades – These shades are easy to use and are available in a wide variety of colors and fabrics. They are the most versatile for creating a special design look for your room. Custom Roman shades can be somewhat expensive, but brand names are offered online at up to 33% off retail! Learn More.
Powered by Facebook Comments